Tonight we tried to make a sauce for salmon that isn’t the typical aioli. Miso and maple… how “Vancouver”.
(For glazing one ~250 g salmon fillet)
- Total of 2 -3 tablespoons of miso paste, maple syrup, and rice vinegar (ratio is 1:1:1)
- A dash of spicy stuff (Tabasco, paprika, etc.)
Yup, that’s all.
- Place salmon fillet skin-side down on a cold pan (oiled).
- Turn the heat to medium. As the skin/fat starts to render, apply miso & maple glaze.
- Transfer pan to a pre-heated oven. Broil (most likely 550°C) the salmon for for 5-10 minutes.
20/20 hindsight: miso and vinegar smoke up easily, so place the pan in the middle oven rack rather than the top.